Your opportunity to be part of the very last investigation at this iconic location!
~ Smethwick Baths will be closing it's doors to Paranormal groups following this event ~
Fri 16th June 2023
Built in the 1930s in the art deco style, Smethwick Baths quickly become famous as a music venue in the 1960s thanks to it's moveable dance floor above the main pool. Bands to play here included The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Kinks.
During World War II, 80 local people were killed and many others were injured. They were all taken to the baths for their protection. A temporary morgue was set up underground.
During the buildings construction 300 bodies were discovered in a plague pit. They remain in their original resting place today beneath the main reception area.
Intense paranormal activity has been reported here over the years.
Some examples include:
- Children seen and heard in the tunnels.
- Wet footprints in the changing rooms appearing overnight.
- Strange lights and mists seen.
- The scent of perfume that comes and goes suddenly.
- People feel their hands being held, apparently by a child.
- Strong smell of death experienced in the morgue area.
- Sudden temperature drops.
- Sickness and overwhelming sadness felt by people standing near the body chute to the morgue.
- Poltergeist activity
YOUR EVENING WILL INCLUDE:
- Welcome briefing
- Investigation of the most active areas in small groups
- Psychic Artist in attendance
- Unique paranormal experiments
- Traditional methods inc table tipping, spirit boards, glass work, dowsing rods and divination
- Use of ghost hunting equipment inc REM Pods, Proxy Sensors, Grid Lighting, Spirit Boxes, EMF meters and more.
- Free time to explore this vast location
- Lone Vigils (FOR THE VERY BRAVE!)
- Hot drinks and snacks provided
Event Times: 8pm - 1:30am (arrival no earlier than 7:45pm please)
Smethwick Baths, Thimblemill Rd, Smethwick B67 5QT